Essential French Grammar
Essential French Grammar is a student-friendly French grammar designed to give learners a firm foundation on which to build a real understanding of both spoken and written French. Clear explanations of grammar are supported by contemporary examples, lively cartoon drawings and a variety of exercises.
Key features of the second edition include:
- each grammar point explained initially with reference to English
- parallels between English and French provided where relevant
- ‘Key points’ box and tables that summarize grammar concepts
- real-life language examples in French, with English translations
- a variety of exercises to reinforce learning
- a contemporary primary source or literary extract to illustrate grammar in context
- more detailed coverage of punctuation, accents, spelling and the specific sounds of French
This second edition includes an introductory chapter that describes the lexical and grammatical differences between French and English. A glossary of grammatical terms in French and English, useful verb tables, and a key to the exercises are also provided, making this an ideal resource for both independent and class-based learners.
Essential French Grammar is an innovative reference grammar and workbook for intermediate and advanced undergraduate students of French. This text is ideal for students at CEFR levels B1 to C1 or Intermediate High to Advanced on the ACTFL scale.